Saturday, June 30, 2007

Gunung Rinjani here I come

After a quick transfer in Bali, we are now in Lombok. We're here because I want to climb a volcano. The surfboards are in storage (don't panic, it's only temporary) and Michael is coming too.
Tomorrow we will get up at 5.30am and head to Gunung Rinjani, where we will start climbing. We'll spend the night on the crater rim. The following morning we'll get up at 3am and start the final ascent to the summit for sunrise. The Rinjani summit is at 3726m/12,224ft. After the summit we're heading down into the crater to some hot springs and the crater lake. Then it's back out of the crater on the other side and downhill all the way home.

I only just got my toenail back after the battering my feet took in Nepal. Hopefully this will be a little easier!

No comments: