Saturday, September 15, 2007

After coming through the hot dry middle we're now on the other side of the continent.
We drove through Port August and Port Lincoln to the Coffin Bay National Park, where there is real wildlife, not in cages, hopping and slithering and running in front of me.
Last night, when we pulled into the park it was dark, so I jumped out of the van with a mag light to search for a good level spot to park up for the night. I rounded a bush and came face to face with a MASSIVE kangaroo. I'm telling you I don't know who was more shocked, me or it. It was less than 5 feet away from me (that's human feet not kangaroo feet) eating supper. Now, I wanted to eat my supper too, but not so badly as to interrupt a kangaroo. So, I made my apologies and hopped back to the van, suggesting that we find another spot. Pronto.

No comments: