Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Mmm Ceviche...



We were invited to join a fishing trip, so at 6am we were on the beach and ready to go.
It was my first time fishing, really fishing. I've done some 'casting' in my time - from the beaches in Australia, but never been out with the professionals and actually caught anything!
It was amazing. We caught 7 tuna, 4 jacks and I landed a mackerel that was turned into a delicious ceviche for our evening appetizer!
We don't have use of a kitchen, so we couldn't cook the tuna ourselves. Instead, we did the next best thing and took them to La Gaviota where the cook marinaded them and threw them on the grill.
There's nothing like eating freshly caught fish. Especially when you caught it yourself!

1 comment:

dre_ah said...

Jason took me out fishing for my first time on Monday! It was awesome! I only caught one little fish and had to put it back, but we were fishing off the dock in a small lake. Luckily he had better luck and we got fish tacos for dinner : )