Saturday, July 19, 2008

El Gigante, Nicaragua



We've spent the last 10 days in El Gigante. Much of the time has been spent at the beach - surfing and relaxing! For the first 5 days we were joined by Christine & Mike.
It was fun to have some more beach time together, and for Michael to continue his surf lessons!
El Gigante is a peaceful fishing village with a couple of places to eat, one small store and a lot of domestic animals wandering the streets. My favorite beach is Amarrila - it's a 15 minute walk away, and when we get there I usually have it all to myself. On the way to the beach I pass the ladies at the pump on laundry day, Juan Carlos' house, stopping for a chat to discuss his technique for fixing his fishing nets. Of course I have to fight off the mosquitoes on the rain logged road, but the beach itself is bug free.



Originally uploaded by m_hagen

No comments: