Saturday, August 02, 2008

Random update...

Sorry sorry sorry... I know I just haven't kept up the blogging pace since we've been in Central America. I don't know what happened. I just can't seem to focus on writing anything down, probably because I'm too busy at the beach, or having a cool drink in the shade.
We're in El Tunco at the mo, on the coast of El Salvador. It's a small town, with not much to do except surf or hit the beach - which suits me fine. Pauly Paul (Michael's dad) is here for the next week, and tomorrow we're going to head inland and explore some coffee plantations.
We're coming towards the end of our travels, and recently Michael and I have found ourselves thinking about all of the things we've seen, all the places we've been and all the long and painful bus rides we've taken. For the record, the worlds worst bus rides were in Laos where an average speed of 25km per hour (15 miles an hour), along with the bags of rice and chickens makes covering distances tedious.
On August 7th we are flying to Philadelphia to spend some time with the Lil Red Yeti. After that we're flying to London, where I will finally get to meet the very cute India (my niece) and hang with the rest of the family. We're going to spend a couple of months in Europe (wouldn't you?) before we finally board the plane that will deliver us to Los Angeles in October.
We're excited for this last stage of our trip. We can't wait to see family and friends, and we're ready to stick in one place for a while (I am so over the unpacking /packing thing)... See you soon!

No comments: