Friday, December 14, 2007

An early Xmas present

Today I'm dropping Michael off at the local airstrip. We managed to get him a seat on a 'back flight', the plane is going to pick up some trampers at the end of a hiking trail, and Michael will be hitching a ride out there for some quality surfing time. He'll have to walk back - but the backpack will be a good deal lighter by then!
I am headed off to Queenstown, and then to do some more tramping on the Milford Track. I managed to get myself a spot in the huts for next week (booked out 6 months in advance) - so Tuesday to Friday will be spent with my backpack tramping the 53kms to Milford. The walk is supposed to be one of the most beautiful in the world....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi hedda one more time for practice plus i must comment i did google milford and from the sattelite it looks like very tricky terraine..... i mean deep and steep very interesting paul