Sunday, December 02, 2007

Just hangin out



Uploaded by ladyhedda.
Holy crap. I can't believe how lucky we were to hang out with these fellas! Having gone to Oamaru to see penguins, we headed south to Dunedin for some surf and some more wildlife spotting.
We drove out to find some waves, and Michael got to surf with a seal while the penguins watched from the rocks! It was amazing to be able to see the penguins playing in the waves, I behaved and kept my distance despite the urge to kidnap a penguin and bring him back to the tent with me.
I also considered joining this guy in a nap.

2 comments:

Mr. Hagen said...

Penguins are so cool!!!! Do they make any funky noises?

Anonymous said...

hi hedda ,,, what a great shot ,,, i would love to borrow this shot and make our christmas card out of it ,,,and of course name the guins after the kids,,, any way i had a brief set back with my blog response practice....ryan helped me ...i have your directions,, and followed them ...but i didn't check the little circle just to the left of nickname....it is kinda like learning the alphabet or grammar or something like that... anyway your adventures inspire me every day....